Yay for Fridays! Hopefully you’ll be able to get out this weekend and enjoy the Fall weather. Around here it looks like tomorrow will be a gorgeous but chilly day (I’d be a great
weatherman weatherwoman). There’s definitely still time for you to hit up an apple orchard or maybe go to a pumpkin patch!
Pears are also in season right now and if you’re looking for a dessert idea for date night tomorrow (or for yourself), look no further! Pears quickly become a scrumptious treat when cooked and if you like cardamom, it takes this dessert one step higher. If you don’t like cardamom, cinnamon would be excellent as well.
Banana ice cream has quickly become one of our favorite desserts and is simple to make along with being very versatile. Unless you already have a frozen banana on hand, it’ll take a little longer to make this, but all you have to do is peel a banana, stick it in the freezer, and wait. You can add peanut butter and chocolate, vanilla, or other frozen fruit to the banana to create a wide variety of desserts that taste delicious. For more ideas, check out the recipes here.
Baked Pears with Blueberry Banana Ice Cream
- 1 small Pear
- 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon Sucanat (or other sweetener), optional
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1/8 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla and/or coconut extracts
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil, optional
– Preheat oven to 350.
– Spray your baking dish with cooking spray (I used coconut). Quarter the pear and add to the baking dish. Sprinkle the cardamom and sucanat over the top of the pear. Bake, covered, for about 20 minutes or until the pear is just baked through (depending on the size of the pear it may take more or less time.
– When your pear is almost cooked, add the frozen banana to a food processor and blend.
– Then add the blueberries and vanilla/coconut extracts and blend again.
– This should form a creamy ‘ice cream’ but if you’re finding that it doesn’t, add a splash of non-dairy milk.
– Top the baked pears with the ice cream and enjoy!
Pears not your thing? The ice cream is also delicious on its own, or if you like apples more, try: