So I’m at Caribou right now and they close really soon so I’m getting this post out to you ASAP! If you don’t live in the Midwest, Caribou is a coffee chain that’s popular around here. Since I don’t have much time, I’ll just get right down to it. I wish that I could grill on a deck or patio at my apartment but don’t have one. I’ve been considering devising some sort of grill that I can stick out my window to use….but I don’t think that that is a safe or realistic option right now! Luckily though, I have George! I talked a little about my indoor grill a little in our favorite things post and still enjoy using it frequently!
Make this Tempeh. It’s delicious and goes well over a bed of spinach alongside some grilled veggies and cooked Millet. I put 2-4 servings because depending on what else you eat with it, you may want more or less. Okay. Time’s running out! Enjoy!
Grilled Truffle Tempeh
- · 1 package Tempeh, steamed for 10-12 minutes
- · 1 Tbsp. Pure Maple Syrup
- · 2 Tbsp. Braggs Liquid Aminos (or lite soy sauce/tamari)
- · 1 Tbsp. Truffle Oil (or sub other flavored oil – truffle is delicious though!)
- · 1 Tbsp. Water
- · 1 tsp. Sesame Seeds
- · ½ tsp. Red Chili Flakes
– After (or before) steaming the tempeh, cut it into four pieces and then cut each piece widthwise so that you have 8 pieces.
– Mix together the remaining ingredients and add the tempeh pieces.
– Marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight (the longer you marinate, the more flavor you will have!).
– Grill for a few minutes on each side, or until you see grill marks and the tempeh is heated through.