Last week I finally was able to get together with two of my best friends from college and we had a blast! We stayed in a hotel, went shopping, played games way past my bedtime and went to Como Zoo & Conservatory!
It was the perfect day to walk outside with great company ;).
We also exchanged Christmas gifts and Shannon got me the coolest bamboo recipe box! now I don’t have to write recipes on random envelopes only to have them disappear…(that’s the idea, at least).
All-in-all it was a great trip and I can’t wait to see you two again!
Now onto a recipe for you! Because so many people checked out the bean dip that I made last week (and because I had a ginormous avocado that didn’t have much life left..), I decided to create another dip recipe. This dip is light and refreshing, making it hard to keep from eating it!
Avocado, Lime and Sundried Tomato Dip
[makes about 2.5 cups]
- 1 Large Avocado (I used a ‘slimcado’ which weighed in at 11.7 oz.)
- 1 15-oz. container organic Great Northern Beans
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (about 1 Tablespoon)
- 1 lime, juiced (about 3 Tablespoons)
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1/2 Tablespoon oil
– In a small pan, heat the oil and then sautee the sundried tomatoes for about 3 minutes (make sure the pan isn’t too hot or the tomatoes will burn quickly).
– Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
– Serve as a dip for veggies or a spread on a veggie sandwich or lettuce wrap!